Apply to become a vendor.
Thanks for submitting an application to Crescent City Farmers market.
What happens next?
- Within 48 business hours, applicants will receive an email acknowledging receipt of the application. (If one does not arrive, please check your spam/junk email folder.)
- Market staff will contact you within ten business days to learn more about your business or let you know if your application has been declined.
- If your product may be a good fit for CCFM, market staff will contact you to set up a time for you to visit one of our markets. This allows you a chance to see our market and gain a better understanding of how we operate, and what is required. A nonrefundable $25 vendor application fee must be submitted during your market visit. Please note that payment of the $25 vendor application fee is an application processing fee and not a guarantee that you will be invited to participate in the Crescent City Farmers Market.
- After your market visit, market staff will contact you to set up a time to visit your site of production. The site visit is a chance for our producers to highlight the skills and techniques that are the foundation of their business.
- Applicants intending to sell meat, poultry, seafood, dairy, or prepared/processed foods will be asked to provide one or more samples. Produce vendors may also be asked to provide samples.
Potential new market item(s) should:
- Include as many locally grown ingredients as possible and/or demonstrate a linkage to the Greater New Orleans region’s evolving cultural heritage.
- Be submitted for review in the exact form they will be offered for sale. They must be packaged, labeled with ingredients, company name, address and telephone number. Products must also be labeled with the intended price for sale. REMEMBER: Vendors are only allowed to sell products within their approved category/categories. Should you wish to expand your line of products outside your category, please contact Market staff about new additions for approval.
If your product is not approved for sale in the Market, it may not reflect upon the quality of your product. Products are chosen based upon the Market’s stated criteria and specific needs for a balanced product mix. Although some products are delicious, they may not lend themselves to this forum. We appreciate any and all interest from potential vendors and their creative talent and entrepreneurial drive within our region.
- After review of the application, the site visit, and (if required) sample review, CCFM will notify applicants whether they have been approved as CCFM vendors.
- Applicants who are invited to join the market will be contacted to discuss a start date.
- Applicants who are asked to join the market will not be guaranteed a date or location, however CCFM will take all requests into consideration.
If you are invited to join the market
You will need to review and acknowledge that you have received, read, and acknowledge the packet provided to you before you can begin attend your first market as a vendor for CCFM. At this time you must pay your $25.00 vendor fee.
After your first 4–6 markets, market staff will schedule a time to go over your progress at market. This is a time to discuss any struggles or initial issues and address any concerns.
marketumbrella.org is an equal opportunity organization that prohibits discrimination in all programs, events, and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, age, disability, gender, marital status, familial status, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or socio-economic status. All vendors accepted into the Crescent City Farmers Market must adhere to its Vendor Code of Conduct.